Thursday, June 17, 2010

519 Glenrock Ave: my home for the next 2 months

I just moved into my new apartment next to UCLA and damn is it nice.

This apartment is a steal for $500 a month.  Barton the subleter  is a nice guy who just graduated in political science  from UCLA.  He gave me some places to check out while in LA and even gave me his membership card to a hot dog place that does $1 hot dogs on Mondays.  Some place called noodle hut or shack was supposed to be amazing, but I am suspicious because Barton is white and he did not seem to be able to tell me what kind of Asian place it was. Barton also left me with a lot of food which was great, except that I did not have any pots or pans to cook with. Probably the most important thing he left was two handles of vodka, well at least I think he left it for me...

The downside to this whole situation is that my original roommate bailed on me the night before we were supposed to move in.  I received a text around midnight the day that we were supposed to move in together, telling me that his parents were not letting him take the place.  The guy had commented on my facebook status saying how we were going to celebrate with my bottle of black label just 30 minutes before bailing.  I am pretty pissed about this last minute bailout, since I might end up having to pay more if the people subletting cannot find another person.  However, I understand it was my original roommate's fault but rather his parents, so I am not holding this against him.  He seemed to want to move in with me and was pretty set on it.

Of course this opens up the possibility of Robocop coming to live with me which would probably make it the most epic summer ever.

Update:  Just met Alec who lives in the other room and he seems cool.  He is a UPenn junior who is interning at demand media, the company that owns ehow.com, where he is helping the company go public.  Basically he is a financial analyst for the company but without getting paid a financial analysts's wage, though he is getting way more money than I am!  Sigh, I just cannot escape these finance kids.

Pictures:
20100617-DSC_0035
My room after unpacking

20100617-DSC_0033
Living room

20100617-DSC_0022
Kitchen

20100617-DSC_0017
The apartment building

20100617-DSC_0006
The street

20100617-DSC_0003
The street again

Robocop, you have to come down here! Staying in San Jose will kill your soul.

-muffinman

1 COMMENTS:

Angela said...

DAMN your place is hella nice! i wanna visit!

Post a Comment