Thursday, June 17, 2010

First night in LA

After talking with my new apartmentmate I went out to eat by myself at a pita joint I had found on Yelp, a mere .3 miles away! On the way there, I heard much cheering and screaming for the Lakers coming from apartments, which reminded me that the final game was happening. The place was good, nothing to really brag about besides the fact that it had a really spicy sauce.

While exploring Westwood, I noticed that it was quite quiet and empty which I figured to be unusual due to the high number of students in the area. After running into a donut shop and ingesting a terrible donut, I realized what everybody was doing. They were watching the Laker game of course!

20100617-DSC_0008
This scene at Jerry's Deli tipped me off to where everyone was.


20100617-DSC_0015
Everyone was focused on the game


20100617-DSC_0022-2
Lakers win! 2010 Champions!


20100617-DSC_0041
Things were a little more wild in a bar down the street.

Overall, I thought the celebrations were pretty tame. There was no flooding of the streets or destruction of property. Just some screams of go Lakers as everyone went home.

Not a bad first night in LA.

-muffinman

PS Nearly forgot about this.

Saw this guy on the way back home. Seriously weird.
20100617-DSC_0054

3 COMMENTS:

o.O said...

glad you are enjoying yourself there!

o.O said...

woot woot! i don't have to do word verification on your blog page anymore... YAAYYY!!!

sarahyangg said...

i hate the lakers

Post a Comment