Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday Alone

After my thanksgiving meal of dumplings and lettuce with oyster sauce and video chatting with emoinacloset for 4 hours, I decided to go to Staples at 4am. There was a 90 dollar, 1080p monitor that I wanted. Fearing that there would be a line I arrived 2 hours early.

IMG_3077
Surprisingly, or not there was no line at all! There were maybe 15 people when I got there and total of 30 people when the store opened at 6am.

IMG_3076
Empty ass parking lot

IMG_3078
Got my ticket for the monitor. They had a lot and I do no think many people were in line for one. Everybody kept asking for the $399 laptop.

IMG_3079
Dragged this monitor all the way back to my apartment on foot. The monitor is kind of blurry right now, but I hope that will change once I get my hdmi to dvi cable. Even so, the color contrast is much better on the monitor than on my laptop.

Funny story about when I got back. I managed to lock myself out of my apartment because as I got to the front door, I realized that I did not remember my pin code. I had to wake the RA on duty and have open my apartment door. Best part is that after I called the RA, I remembered that I was carrying my laptop on me, which had a file with the pin code in it, but of course I did not tell the RA that.

Sorry RA , for waking you up at 7am.

-muffinman

1 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

haha if someone called me at 7am to let them in.. wow i donno what i woulda said. the latest i've been up for being on duty is like 3 or 4

Post a Comment