Friday, November 27, 2009

The Most Legit Thanksgiving I've Had, Period

Just like last year, I decided to spend Thanksgiving in New York. It's just not economical or worth it for me to waste 10 hours on a plane ride to California and back, so instead of going back home and seeing my family, I went to my friend's dinner party. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that much because let's face it, it was a bunch of college kids coming together to eat some food and just hang out... How extravagant could it really be?



































Whoaaa mama... that's a lot of food. Head chef Phoebe displays her chef-d'Ĺ“uvre

This literally was the most legit thanksgiving I've ever had, even comparing it with the Thanksgivings I've had with family back home. To just list the variety of menu items we had that night:

17-lbs of turkey
Honey glazed ham
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Stuffing
Green beans w/ mushrooms
Biscuits
Potato salad
Mac 'n cheese
Roasted yams
Apple pie

And yes, all this food was for only seven people. It was incredible how Phoebe was able to make so much food, and really good food at that. It was also incredible how we were able to devour about half of that.

As for the venue, the building of the apartment Phoebe lives in is fairly new, so there are a lot of empty apartments that haven't been leased yet. It turns out that the empty rooms are just open for people to walk in and out like it's nobody's business so we "borrowed" one of the bigger ones. Although we didn't have tables or chairs and just ate on the floor, we selected a very nice room. We have good taste.

Nice view, eh?

We were originally going to eat on the rooftop, but it got too chilly at night so we were forced to eat inside. We visited the rooftop afterwards anyways to check out the great view of the city, even though we had the same view from inside our "borrowed" apartment.

I could live here as the resident hobo~ =D

Manhattan

Brooklyn Bridge

Dinner party members

I'm thankful to Phoebe for making Thanksgiving absolutely delicious. I'm thankful for the friends and family I have that make life worth living. I'm thankful that I attend such a special school as NYU in the city. I'm thankful for all the amazing experiences I've had while I've been here. Most importantly, I'm thankful for everyone who came tonight and made Thanksgiving that much more special and memorable.

-Emoinacloset

1 COMMENTS:

Life After ARC said...

I cannot believe this took you so long to write
Guess what I am writing this outside of staples!

-muffinman

Post a Comment