Monday, August 24, 2009

Why muffinman?

To first understand my name that my friends have so graciously bestowed on me, I need to dig a little in my past. Back in senior year of high school I took up baking as a way to impress a girl and as a source of comfort for when it failed. The girl came and went but the baking stayed and to this day my friends ask me to bake for them. So it should come as no surprise that my nickname is the muffinman.

However, baking is only half the reason for my name. My friends often tell me that I have an abrasive personality due to my blunt attitude and dark sense of humor. On the outside I often seem apathetic and at times tactless due to the things I do and say to others, but my close friends know that beneath that hard exterior lies a softer and more sensitive side. My friends decided that this hard exterior and soft interior character of mine was very similar to the hard outer crust and soft inside of a muffin.

So blog may you show off my brusque exterior and insecure interior.

-muffinman