Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life Is Robocop

Why is my name Robocop?
My name was born under a series of unfortunate circumstances. A flow of events that began with the thoughts of finishing what was left of the precious liquid that had fueled memorable nights.

Although impulse was confronted by some form of hesitation, this pitiful attempt at self-restraint was very short-lived. Before anyone knew what was happening, eleven glasses had been poured and emptied- five for muffinman, five for emoinacloset, and one for dontscuffmyshoes-, and I had become the designated driver. As they began to succumb to the liquid's better effects, I reminded them that we still had to form nicknames for the four of us as a form of discretion. They started with mine. The only rule was that the name was to be agreed upon by everybody except the person being named.

Guided by their newly found creativity, muffin and emoinacloset fired away with names like "robotbuilder" and "robotbuilder101", alluding to the fact I attend MIT and, therefore, MUST build robots in my spare time.*

I thought this to be absolutely ridiculous, and I retorted with..
"If you're gonna call me that, you might as well call me Robocop."

And with that, I became Robocop.

Does the name refer to my appearance? Does it refer to my superior, computer-like sense of logic? Does it refer to my never-ending fight for justice? Does it describe anything real about me at all?

To the naysayers, I say that it represents a great night with great friends and great drinks. What could be better?

That's with this blog is about.


-Robocop



*I actually don't make robots in my spare time, but naturally, I have nothing against people who do.