Saturday, August 29, 2009

Going Back to School And Becoming a Sex Slave

I am excited to go back to school.

Whaa? Like writing essays, going to class (questionable), and taking care of stuff your mom usually does, but now you have to do yourself? To add on to the absurdness of college, not knowing how to cook and the fact that there isn’t even a dining hall nearby to turn to in times of extreme hunger and laziness means I’m going to die eating cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The suicide note will be easily explainable, but at least I won’t still be in the suburbs doing nothing.

Yes, it’s time for me to go back to NYU. For those of you who don’t know, NYU doesn’t have an actual campus – instead, we live in the heart of Manhattan, living amongst the hustle and bustle of ordinary New Yorkers. The NYU buildings would look just like the rest of Manhattan if it weren’t for the NYU purple flags and the swarms of students jaywalking to their next classes. You’ll be able to spot me by looking for my California style T-shirts, worn-out jean shorts and raggedy-taggedy flip-flops (for which I’m sure the hard-core hipster fashionistas will glare at me). Personally, I’m excited to go back to New York for two reasons (and not just for the reason shown in the picture below).

There's nothing wrong with a bunch of college kids having a soda party is there?

First, as sophomore year comes around, I’ll finally be getting my feet wet in the business world by taking my business core intro classes. Unfortunately, that accounting class I took last semester ripped my head off, splatted it against NYU’s linoleum-floored hallways, and then proceeded to use it as a mop to wipe the floors with. The vultures had a good time eating what was left of me and I know what it feels like to get totally owned in a class. Thank you, Stern curve.

Second, this year I will begin my study abroad trek around the world; London during sophomore spring, Shanghai in junior fall, and then (somewhere) in Latin America during junior spring break. Below are my graphic representations of the two cities.

London -- foggy and/or rainy all day, everyday

What, not politically correct enough for you?

This trifecta of awesomeness among three of the financial capitals of the world – New York, London, and Shanghai – has to equal at least a few adventures. If you think about it, I’m risking my life to embark on a journey that may end up disastrous. After all, I could be mugged, beat up, stabbed, shot, or knocked out by a hobo to find that I’ve ended up in Thailand as some gang leader’s bitch through a sex trafficking version of EBay – all of which would make excellent fodder to blog about.

-emoinacloset