Sunday, March 4, 2012

Living it up

I was on Whatsapp talking to Yanjia about the trials and tribulations of being single, when I learned that she had never fallen head over heels for someone. I was greatly saddened to have heard that all her relationships have been the "okay maybe we can try it out" type. Thinking back, I realize that I actually have quite a few friends who never been swept off their feet.

Perhaps I just like to be dramatic, but the thought of never having..

- Day dreamed about all the dates, happiness, laughter and warmth that would happen with her
- Overanalyzed every spoken word, text, IM, facebook post and in person interaction for clues about whether she likes me
- Agonized over every word of a text (does she like me?), the time between texts (why is she taking so long to reply?! Is she seeing someone else?!?!) and when to reply (Wait more than 15 seconds to respond so I don't seem like I have been waiting for her text all day)
- Nervously counted down the minutes till every meeting, wondering how to impress while not being awkward or making a fool of myself.
- Driven my friends crazy because she is all I can talk about.
- Died trying to decide whether to reveal my feelings and risk alienating a friend forever.

... well that just wouldn't be living!

-muffinman