Monday, February 14, 2011

A long story

I think this  facebook message I just sent off is a fun a little read that gives an idea about some of the dumb shenanigans that I do with friends in Shanghai.

Enjoy,
-muffinman

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey XXXX,

I am hesitant to tell you this story because quite frankly it makes me and my friends sound a little strange.  However, I think you might find the story a little endearing and I am in a writing mood tonight so I am going to take the risk.

Remember new year's eve?  Well you caught my eye that night and my friend's too, but some of my other friends that night were less impressed.  I told one of my friends "that girl with the specs, she was pretty," which was answered with a strange stare and "she was ok."  We argued about this for a few nights and at one of those arguments we dragged in an outside friend.  

Eventually a picture was found with you in the background.  It was a terrible picture, one of those where nobody looks good, but for the people who thought you were average it was proof that they were right.  As terrible as the picture was, however, it allowed our outside friend to recognize you at Phebe's and break the deadlock of opinion.        

In the end the verdict was that I was right and you were pretty.