Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy belated birthday to muffinman!

Two days ago was my 19th birthday and with it came some revelations.

1) Robocop, emoinacloset and dontscuffmyshoes have still not given me a birthday present for the second year in a row. The thoughtfulness of my coffee group is astounding, robocop tells me they will get me something soon but I do not believe him.

2) I really wish emoinacloset and dontscuff my shes were here, but I realize since my birthday is on the 13th this is going to happen every year until I get out of college. The day after my birthday we went to an Afghan restaurant, an experience which I know you two would have enjoyed.

3) Afghan food is not that good but totally different from anything I have had before. The flavors were unique and I really liked the Afghan cookie and that orange shit.

4) Big groups can work out like tonight, everyone was participating in the conversation and laughing, a far cry from a certain someone's gatherings. In short this might signal a change from how many people I hang out with at a time. I am sure this is a relief for some of my friends.

5) My family are terribly boring people and hanging out with them on my birthday just ruins it. On my birthday, I went to lunch with my parents and then I got dragged into an endless stream of grocery shopping for 4 hours. Needless to say, this series of events would have sucked for any other day, much less my birthday. As Katrina so helpfully pointed out "friends are the family you choose," which means that next birthday I am going to spending it with my fun family next year.

Thanks for everyone that came tonight to my birthday dinner. Your presence was very much appreciated and I really mean that.

-muffinman

PS: I wrote this entry pretty buzzed

1 COMMENTS:

Life After ARC said...

I'm realy glad you enjoyed your birthday dinner!

-Robocop

Post a Comment