Saturday, April 27, 2013

Resurrection


You might have thought LifeAfterARC was dead, and you would have been right. For a while, I did not think I would get back to writing about my personal life. I thought I had moved beyond it, this blog was a relic of a younger life. When you are grown up and  working 60+ hours a week and viewing everything not helping the bottom line as a waste of time, blogging just does not seem to make sense.

However, what I am realizing now is that the personal is inseparable from the professional. The lack of personal understanding is very negatively affecting my well being and as a result my work. I've tried to be the robot/model employee that just buries myself into work to stop feeling, but it has just resulted in part of me dying inside.

That is why I am going to resurrect the blog today, in the hopes it will also breathe new life into me.

In addition to actually taking the time to blog each week, there's going to be a few changes in the format. Posts will be shorter and more concise, as well focused around just one subject. Gone are the days of long posts covering multiple subject matters, I will just break those up into separate posts now. Long posts will be reserved for particularly drawn out and dramatic events.

-muffinman