Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Called A Visa

So I dropped into the office this morning, thinking I would start today. All we did was an informal interview, and then they sent me off with some people to work out the details. That's where the problem began.

I may or may not have a problem with my visa. I came in Korea on the multiple entry visa I used two years ago to come here, but the people there are not sure if I can work because my visa may not work for employment. I've been trying to figure out my chances of things not panning out by going through the Korean visa/immigration website. From what I can tell, as long as I don't get paid everything should be fine. Of course, there may be some other factors in play that I don't know about.

I forgot to say I don't need to get paid for this internship (although I would prefer it), which could affect how this turns out, but I'll tell them when they contact me on Thursday. If this doesn't work out, for the next three months I'm going to feel like such a bum.

-Emoinacloset

1 COMMENTS:

Life After ARC said...

Are you going to come back if you cannot work?

-muffinman

Post a Comment