Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Easter Sunday... With The Pope

4/4; Day 11; Rome, Italy

IMG_3937

We woke up that morning to the bangs and clashes of a marching band. We looked out our window and saw a bunch of sharply dressed officers marching towards the Vatican. It was Easter Sunday, so I assume that was the reason for the hullabaloo.

Afterwards, we went to the Vatican only to see thousands of people filled inside the square where the Pope himself was holding Easter service. I couldn't understand what he was saying -- he was speaking in Latin -- but after the ceremony they started giving out bread and wine so I assume it was for Communion. I've never gone to a Catholic mass before so I have nothing to compare to, but I think the very fact that it was done by the Pope beats out any Easter service in the world. Video included!

IMG_3940

IMG_3949



-Emoinacloset