Saturday, April 24, 2010

Venice

3/29; Day 5; Venice, Italy

IMG_3049
Italy from the sky

Ever since I was in eighth grade, I had always dreamed of going to Venice. Watching the Italian Job remake (one of my favourite movies) at the time with the intro robbery and boat chase scene had made Venice one of my top destinations to visit. It was a city built on top of the water -- who wouldn't want to see that? Besides, with global warming causing oceans to rise, I was worried Venice would sink into the Mediterranean before I could even get a chance to see it.

More importantly I was finally in Italy where I would get a chance to intimately get to know its famous cities for the next ten days. I need to mention the delicious food as well. For example, while we were here my friends and I had eaten the equivalent of at least two gelatos (Italian ice cream) a day. That first day in Venice, we ate four. I also never got sick of pizza, pasta and ordering real Italian cappuccinos and espressos at every café we stopped by.

There isn't much to say about Venice except that it is beautiful, so I will let the pictures do the talking. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it?

IMG_3101

IMG_3103

IMG_3099


Murano Island

IMG_3154
Apparently they are very famous for the glass they produce

IMG_3139
Glass-blower

IMG_3177
A prayer book I found inside a church. It reads:
I pray that love and peace come back to the world,
that people say hello.


Burano Island

IMG_3178

IMG_3181

IMG_3184

IMG_3185

IMG_3186

IMG_3188

IMG_3189


St. Mark's Square

IMG_3210

IMG_3226

IMG_3227

IMG_3219

IMG_3255


Rialto Bridge

IMG_3250

IMG_3258

Additional Pictures

-Emoinacloset