Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse: IN CHINESE

Yes, I have to do a presentation on zombie survival techniques in Chinese. With my limited knowledge in Chinese, this should be a piece of cake. *PAHAHAHA*

It all seems rather daunting, and frankly it sounds impossible. I’m currently taking Elementary Chinese I and each person has to talk four minutes for our oral final. I haven’t started working on the presentation yet, but I’m kind of worried about how it will turn out. There isn’t a chapter in our textbook that has a section devoted to vocabulary and grammar relating to zombies, but in the case of a real zombie infestation, I don’t think my knowledge in Chinese zombie terms will help me much anyways.

I got pulled into this last Thursday when our Laoshi gave us some time to get in groups and think about what we were going to present on. I was flipping through my textbook trying to figure out/guess what the fuck Laoshi just said, when a classmate asked me if I wanted to work together on the presentation. I said yes, thinking that we were going to work on a somewhat normal topic. Little did I know she was dead-set on presenting zombie survival skills and wouldn’t have it any other way. I balked initially, but she seemed so enthusiastic I couldn’t say no.

I should have known what her presentation topic was going to be after she asked Laoshi how to say “zombie” in Chinese, but I was too busy trying to understand what was happening with the love triangle between Li You, Wang Peng, and Gao WenZhong in the textbook to really pay attention to what was going on around me. Now, here I am trying to translate various zombie wounding/grappling/final blow moves into Chinese. *Sigh*

I need to figure out how to kill a zombie by Monday.

-Emoinacloset